The Power of the Possible in Glasgow – Book Now back to listing
OutdoorArtsUK and Surge invite you to
The Power of the Possible:
A Day of Outdoor Arts in Glasgow
22 November 2018
Supported by Articulation, Glasgow Life and the Merchant City Festival | Surge and Articulation are supported by Creative Scotland | OutdoorArtsUK is supported by Arts Council England
From elephants bringing capital cities to a standstill to local festivals regenerating communities, from international artists transforming landscapes to mass participation events uniting people – Outdoor Arts is a fast growing and dynamic sector.
With increasing traction with funders, this is now a strong sector in both commercial and publicly-funded arenas; the artists and festival producers have a strong track record of generating work outside of normal environments that reaches the broadest audiences and areas of low cultural engagement.
We invite you to join us at this event to experience more of the Outdoor Arts sector, hear some inspiring stories of the work, some galvanising case studies, some useful evidence of the impact and meet leading artists and producers from the sector.
Keynote speaker: Helen Marriage MBE
Helen is Director of Artichoke, one of the UK’s most innovative creative companies. Founded in 2006, the company’s presentation of Royal de Luxe’s The Sultan’s Elephant in the centre of London set a benchmark for large-scale spectacles that invade public space and reinvent the notion of a city’s landscape. For Helen, audiences, as well as artists, are always right at the heart of an Artichoke project.
Royal Concert Hall, Strathclyde Suite
- 10:30 Registration and Coffee
- 11:00 Welcome and reflection
- 11:10 Inspiration: Transforming the Streets – Helen Marriage
- 11:30 Discussion: Aesthetics and Environment
- 12:15 Example: Outdoor Arts Global Impact
- 12:30 Facts & Figures: Outdoor Audiences and Social Impact
- 12:45 Example: The Artist Unleashed
- 13:00 Ends (walk to Drygate Brewery)
- 13:30 Networking Lunch
- 15:00 OutdoorArtsUK Ideas Summit
- 16:00 Outdoor Arts Marketplace
- 17:30 Drinks and Networking
- 19:00 Surge Pitch
- 20:30 Drygate Bar
- 23:00 Ends