On the Road 2018
‘On the Road’ is a series of friendly, informal and incredibly useful events for the Outdoor Arts sector; you’ll meet new people, make great connections and have the chance to exchange news and views.
So, we are off ‘On the Road’ again in 2018; we will be visiting a variety of festivals throughout the season, bringing valuable networking opportunities to Bath, Greenwich, Doncaster, Glasgow, Tarrega, Redcar, Great Yarmouth and Blackpool.
- 3 Jun 10am BATH: Bedlam Fair
- 24 Jun 11am LONDON: Greenwich and Docklands International Festival
- 28 Jul 5.30pm DONCASTER: DN Festival
- 12 Aug 10am GLASGOW: Merchant City Festival / Surge
- 8 Sep 10.45am TÀRREGA, SPAIN: FiraTàrrega
- 22 Sep 5pm REDCAR: Festival of Thrift
- 16 Sep 10am GREAT YARMOUTH: Out There Festival
- 26 Oct 10am BLACKPOOL: Lightpool Festival [book here]
Each event is free to attend, and includes a chance to discover more about the host festival and hear news and opportunities (and perhaps a bit of gossip); there’s an ‘Open Space’ style discussion, and some nice food too. We begin with short introductions, so you can expand your contact list and put a few names to faces and share information, news and ideas with fellow producers, programmers and artists. Absolutely anyone with an interest in Outdoor Arts is welcome to come along – festival volunteers, local artists and practitioners and anyone who might benefit from discovering more about the sector.
The timing is designed around the festival programme, so that artists who are performing that day can come along, but we know it can be a busy time, so please feel free to rock up in costume, do your warm-up and drop in and out at any point – even if it’s just to say a quick hello and grab a croissant. We’ve found that a pre-show breakfast is the most popular slot.
See you out there… on the road.