Last Call for Conference Bursaries & Pitching… back to listing
The application deadlines for both the Conference Delegate Bursaries and Ideas Summit Pitching is on Mon 14 Oct at 12noon…
Ideas Summit Pitching
Present your new performance ideas with a focus on community and audience engagement at the OAUK Conference on 28 Nov.
- Artists and companies are invited to apply to make a live pitch and have a marketplace in the Outdoor Arts Ideas Summit 2019, as part of ‘One Small Step’
- For this year’s Ideas Summit, we’re very keen to hear about work that will have a clear relationship with the community and the local environment, so ideas which respond to locality, place and site will be particularly welcome. We will be inviting delegates working in communities and local projects, so work with a strong sense of place is of particular interest.
- We will be aiming to have a strong regional spread, as well as local representation from Coventry, a variety of art forms and including both established and emerging artists. Ideas can be at a very early stage, this is your chance to find collaborators or commissioners. We will also publish the Ideas Summit information online.
- We are offering presenting artists a hotel room (single or twin) on 27 Nov and a total of £100 per artist/company towards travel costs and expenses. Lunch will be provided and you’ll be responsible for booking your own travel.
- Please make sure you’ve read the full description in the application form, so that you’re sure you qualify, that you’re available to take part and you know what you’re letting yourself in for… we very much look forward to reading your application.
Subsidised Delegate Bursaries
For first-time OAUK Conference attendees to join us in Coventry on 27 & 28 Nov.
- We are offering a number of bursaries to attend One Small Step for producers, artists, companies, festivals and organisations relatively new to the sector, including students and recent graduates – aimed at people who haven’t been to an OutdoorArtsUK Conference before.
- We’re very interested in welcoming people working for Local Authorities, CPP Projects, indoor venues and BIDs looking to expand their outdoor knowledge – or perhaps individuals who have recently joined an established organisation and are working in Outdoor Arts for the first time.
- We have a limited number of these places, offering a travel contribution of £100, a hotel room and dinner on 27 Nov. We’ll have a friendly meet-and-greet session before dinner with the successful candidates so that we all get to know each other before the conference.