“I’ve really honed the craft of how I work with the audience… back to listing
… to bring out the best from them” – Charmaine Childs
This week we featured two more brilliant women in our series of videos launched to mark International Women’s Day 2019 on our YouTube channel.
Catch up with the latest episodes, featuring Strong Lady, Charmaine Childs talking about lifting random men, and Director of Akademi, Mira Kaushik discussing bringing South Asian dance to British streets.
If you missed the first two, you can also hear the choreographer Jeanefer Jean-Charles talk about working at an Olympic scale and the Director of Artichoke, Helen Marriage discussing elephantine interventions.
More to come next week. The release schedule is as follows:
• 8 Mar: Jeanefer Jean-Charles (Jeanefer Jean-Charles)
• 8 Mar: Helen Marriage (Artichoke)
• 13 Mar Charmaine Childs (Strong Lady Productions)
• 15 Mar Mira Kaushik (Akademi)
• 20 Mar Abi Collins (Abigail Abi Collins)
• 22 Mar Angie Dight (Mischief La-Bas: Performance Company)
• 25 Mar Vicki Amedume (Upswing Aerial)
• 27 Mar Ali Williams (Ali Williams)
Each of the interviews has been neatly trimmed into a short five-minute highlight version and you can also view the entire interview.
Head over to our YouTube page to take a look and subscribe…