Fresh Street #3 Galway: Subsidised Bursaries back to listing
OutdoorArtsUK is offering members the chance to apply for subsidised places to attend Fresh Street #3, taking place this May in Galway.
Four individuals, who would not otherwise be able to attend without support, will be provided with a bursary towards travel and subsistence, as well as accommodation.
This flagship event of the European Circostrada network will bring together international professional artists, programmers, researchers, educators, journalists and policy makers from all for a key focus on street arts.
This edition will take place in the city of Galway in Ireland, amidst preparations for Galway 2020: European Capital of Culture. Exploring street arts as a tool for social, cultural, political and economic change, it will have an innovative conference model by inviting participants to connect with the local community and the natural environment, offering a unique experience and an authentic encounter with the beautiful location.
Fresh Street #3 will explore the following:
- Connections: how can artists and promoters create new methods to work together in a less hierarchical way
- Education: how to create more opportunities for the street arts world and encourage academic research
- Urban Environment: how to use the streetscape in outdoor work and how planners can incorporate these considerations
- Red Tape: mapping the issues around bureaucracy and searching for ways to overcome obstacles
On the agenda… you’ll take a boat trip to the Aran Islands to meet international artists and share their experiences of working in rural environments; you’ll attend performances, works-in-progress, panel discussions, professional talks, a plenary session, action-oriented activities and much more.
If you’re considering applying, here’s the small print…
- You must be free to attend 22-25 May
- You or your organisation must be a fully paid-up member of OutdoorArtsUK
- If you are part of an organisation, you must have permission to take the time to attend
- Successful applicants will receive £200 towards travel (including airport transfers) and subsistence (payable in advance)
- OutdoorArtsUK will provide three nights’ accommodation in a shared apartment 22-24 May
- You will be responsible for booking your own travel
- You will be responsible for your own conference registration (free) from mid-March; some meals will be provided as part of the conference
- You must hold a valid passport
- Wed 22 May: travel to Galway, (you should plan to arrive by 5pm; 2 hours by bus from Dublin airport), Fresh Street #3 – day one – evening events (opening keynote, reception)
- Thu 23 May: Fresh Street #3 – day two (trip to Aran Islands)
- Fri 24 May: Fresh Street #3 – day three (discussions, keynotes and breakouts)
- Sat 25 May: travel home from Galway
If you meet all the criteria, please apply here…
(NB: Artists and organisations based in Wales should check the Articulture Fresh Street bursaries)