One Small Step: OutdoorArtsUK Conference, Coventry back to all events
Take a step into the world of outdoor performance. OutdoorArtsUK presents a conference day of expert masterclasses, sector updates and inspiring ideas for anyone wanting to learn more about working in Outdoor Arts and for everyone looking for new creative opportunities.
One Small Step: A Day of Outdoor Arts in Coventry
Thu 28 Nov 2019
09:30 – 10:30 Registration and Coffee
10:30 – 13:15 MORNING Outdoor Arts Essentials
- A series of inspiring, practical and expert sessions offering a broad overview of how to create, produce and programme performance work for the outdoors.
- If you’re relatively new to the sector, in need of a skills refresh or curious about how to take your first steps in outdoor performance, then this is for you. Aimed at individuals, companies, producers and festivals, including those working for Local Authorities, CPP Projects, indoor venues and BIDs, as well as students and artists from various art forms who would like to learn more about venturing outdoors.
- There will be four breakout sessions on festival programming; successfully running a company; funding, financing and commissioning; and turning an idea into a show.
13:30 – 14:30 LUNCH
14:30 – 17:30 AFTERNOON Outdoor Arts Ideas Summit + Updates
- The annual Ideas Summit is twenty speedy pitches of very early-stage performance ideas – followed by networking and discussion. If you’re looking for bold and new concepts for your programme which relate to community and the local setting, this year the theme will be ideas that can respond to locality, place and specific sites.
- The afternoon will also include an update on the latest info we have about Brexit (as and when and if it happens…).
- There will be the chance to learn more about Coventry City of Culture 2021.
Wed 27 Nov 2019 18:30 – 23:00
- If you’re arriving the night before, join us in Drapers Bar and Kitchen for dinner, drinks and networking with a bit of local entertainment and perhaps some dancing… for a small charge (OAUK members get a reduced price for their dinner!).
The full schedule and speakers list will be announced in October.
You can register for the morning or afternoon or both.
A GENTLE REQUEST…
Please be sure you are able to attend before registering. We’ve made it free this year to make it as accessible as possible, but we have limited numbers and so we really ask that you don’t take a place you’re not going to use and leave us with unfilled places and loads of food in the bin! And if your plans change, please be sure to let us know. Thank you.