Apply now: Offsite Seed Funding back to listing
OffSite invites artists and companies to apply for support for the research, development or the creation of new outdoor performance works. With this seed funding, we are looking to support Midlands based artists who are already working in, interested in or who are developing performances for Outdoor contexts.
The seed funding available is made up of funds from the Esmeé Fairbairn, Foundation & the OffSite partner organisations Derby Festé, Birmingham Hippodrome, Lakeside Arts Nottingham, Appetite Stoke & Wild Rumpus – Timber Festival.
The cash support for the seed funded projects will range from £500 to £3000 (average commission over previous two years £2100 Commission, £950 R&D). The number of projects we support is dependent on the applications received and the value of the funding requests.
We are interested in supporting the following types of outdoor performance:
- Small – midscale pieces that are in the early ideas stage and will be created ready for presentation in 2019
- The research and development of new projects/productions/shows, which may not be realised until 2020/2021
- Work that reflects & seeks to engage, the diverse landscape and communities of the Midlands
- Performances that have a family friendly focus, “good work for children & young people, is good work for everyone,” (Shona Powell, Lakeside Arts)
- Projects from a variety of art-forms.
Each project selected will be assigned a lead partner from the OffSite affiliates, to help with further support over the course of the project timeline.
Additional support maybe available to projects, including:
- Rehearsal space
- Marketing & audience development support
- Producer support
- Artistic mentoring
(PLEASE NOTE – the above is dependent on availability & affiliate organisations time constraints)
Deadline: 20 Dec 2018