About Outdoor Arts UK
Outdoor Arts UK is a national membership and strategic organisation that aims to bring together the many diverse parts of the Outdoor Arts sector. Outdoor Arts UK celebrates the wonderful work, amazing talent and tremendous achievements of the brilliant individuals, companies and organisations working in this most accessible of art forms.
What we believe
- We believe that Outdoor Arts are a vital and unique part of our cultural ecology and offer the broadest possible access to public engagement with the arts. The work challenges and entertains; it is our most inclusive and empowering art form; it captivates communities, and inspires innovation and cohesion. The Outdoor Arts sector, joyously liberated from buildings, is key to effecting social change and opening up culture with challenging, engaging and sometimes confrontational work. And they do really great fireworks.
What we do
- Outdoor Arts UK advocates for Outdoor Arts across cultural, governmental, public funding and private funding arenas.
- We develop the sector by providing practical information on good working practices and offer advice and guidance for new and experienced practitioners.
- We commission valuable reports and share important statistics to help our members make ever stronger cases for supporting the work.
- We encourage creative and beneficial connections between members and keep them informed of opportunities and funding possibilities.
- We visit festivals and events to hold a comprehensive knowledge of the latest national and international Outdoor Arts work and keep an eye out for emerging artists.
- We provide up-to-date information about professional training and development events and also offer comprehensive listings of what’s on where and when.
Outdoor Arts UK Members
- Our members are individuals and organisations who actively participate in the development of Outdoor Arts in their professional work and include agents, artists, artistic companies, curators, development agencies, festivals, funding bodies, higher education institutions, independent producers, local authorities, other membership organisations, production companies, programmers, support agencies and venues. We currently represent over 170 members.
- For more information on membership benefits and how to join, click here.
Outdoor Arts UK has a strong track-record of delivering quality guidance for many aspects of the Outdoor Arts work including:
- Health & Safety
- Environmental sustainability
- Code of practice for the engagement of artists
- Education & training
- Making the case
- Financial development
As part of this sector support, we have a wide range of published resources including toolkits, guidance documents and online guides. Take a look here.
We are a not-for-profit organisation funded by Arts Council England as a National Portfolio Organisation.